Substrate Client and associated logic.
Client is one of the most important components of Substrate. It mainly comprises two
- A database containing the blocks and chain state, generally referred to as
- A runtime environment, generally referred to as the
The former is typically provided by the
The latter typically requires passing one of:
LocalCallExecutorrunning the runtime locally.
RemoteCallExecutorthat will ask a third-party to perform the executions.
RemoteOrLocalCallExecutorcombination of the two.
Additionally, the fourth generic parameter of the
Client is a marker type representing
the ways in which the runtime can interface with the outside. Any code that builds a
is responsible for putting the right marker.
- Substrate Client
- Relevant client configuration items relevant for the client.
- Call executor that executes methods locally, querying all required data from local backend.
- Create an instance of in-memory client.
- Create a client with the explicitly provided backend. This is useful for testing backend implementations.