Collective system: Members of a set of account IDs can make their collective feelings known through dispatched calls from one of two specialized origins.
The membership can be provided in one of two ways: either directly, using the Root-dispatchable
set_members, or indirectly, through implementing the
The pallet assumes that the amount of members stays at or below
MaxMembers for its weight
calculations, but enforces this neither in
set_members nor in
A “prime” member may be set to help determine the default vote behavior based on chain
PrimeDefaultVote is used, the prime vote acts as the default vote in case of any
abstentions after the voting period. If
MoreThanMajorityThenPrimeDefaultVote is used, then
abstentions will first follow the majority of the collective voting, and then the prime
Voting happens through motions comprising a proposal (i.e. a curried dispatchable) plus a
number of approvals required for it to pass and be called. Motions are open for members to
vote on for a minimum period given by
MotionDuration. As soon as the needed number of
approvals is given, the motion is closed and executed. If the number of approvals is not reached
during the voting period, then
close may be called by any account in order to force the end
the motion explicitly. If a prime member is defined then their vote is used in place of any
abstentions and the proposal is executed if there are enough approvals counting the new votes.
If there are not, or if no prime is set, then the motion is dropped without being executed.
palletmodule in each FRAME pallet hosts the most important items needed to construct this pallet.
- Autogenerated weights for pallet_collective
- First see if yes vote are over majority of the whole collective. If so, set the default vote as yes. Otherwise, use the prime member’s vote as the default vote.
- Set the prime member’s vote as the default vote.
- Info for keeping track of a motion being voted on.
- Origin for the collective module.
- Default voting strategy when a member is inactive.
- Ensure that the origin
orepresents at least
- A number of members.
- Simple index type for proposal counting.