Crate sp_tracingsource ·
Substrate tracing primitives and macros.
To trace functions or invidual code in Substrate, this crate provides
enter_span. See the individual docs for how to use these macros.
Note that to allow traces from wasm execution environment there are
2 reserved identifiers for tracing
Field recording, stored in the consts:
WASM_NAME_KEY - if you choose to record fields, you
must ensure that your identifiers do not clash with either of these.
Additionally, we have a const:
WASM_TRACE_IDENTIFIER, which holds a span name used
to signal that the ‘actual’ span name and target should be retrieved instead from
the associated Fields mentioned above.
tracing crate requires trace metadata to be static. This does not work
for wasm code in substrate, as it is regularly updated with new code from on-chain
events. The workaround for this is for the wasm tracing wrappers to put the
target data in the
values map (normally they would be in the static
metadata assembled at compile time).
- Events represent single points in time during the execution of a program.
- Spans represent periods of time in which a program was executing in a particular context.
- Constructs an event at the debug level.
- Constructs a span at the debug level.
- Enter a span.
- Constructs an event at the error level.
- Constructs a span at the error level.
- Constructs a new
- Constructs an event at the info level.
- Constructs a span at the info level.
- Constructs a new span.
- Constructs an event at the trace level.
- Constructs a span at the trace level.
- Constructs an event at the warn level.
- Constructs a span at the warn level.
- Runs given code within a tracing span, measuring it’s execution time.
- Describes the level of verbosity of a span or event.
- A handle representing a span, with the capability to enter the span if it exists.
- Span or Event Attributes
- The name of a field provided as the argument name when contstructing an
span!. Generally generated automaticaly via
'static &str. Likely print-able.
- A list of
WasmFieldNames in the order provided
- Metadata provides generic information about the specifc location of the
event!call on the wasm-side.
- A list of
WasmFieldNames with the given
WasmValue(if provided) in the order specified.
- The Tracing Level – the user can filter by this
- A paramter value provided to the span/event
- The fieldname for the wasm-originated name
- The fieldname for the wasm-originated target
- The identifier we are using to inject the wasm events in the generic
- Init a tracing subscriber for logging in tests.
- Try to init a simple tracing subscriber with log compatibility layer.